Well that month felt like a whirlwind. I’m sure it didn’t help that we were out of the country for a week during the shortest month of the year. I’ve always had a soft spot for February. It’s my birthday month, and things just seem a little more lovely when bathed in red and pink Valentine tones. Here’s to a spring awakening in March.
Big things that happened for us this month:
- I learned to ski (and only yelled at Kevin like twice)
- A new trashcan has renewed my optimism in our old little rental house. We’re still on the hunt for a house though. I keep telling myself patience is a virtue.
- We discovered the lost sport of Ski Dancing
- I turned twenty-eight and started the (neverending) process of changing my name
We did a little self-improvement:
- I started back running multiple days during the week. Slowly, but surely, y’all.
- Kevin found an indoor hobby for rainy days. He’s making his own bucktail fishing lures, and I’m ignoring the weekly bags from Field & Stream that find their way into our house.
- I (finally) cast on my first of a pair of socks that I’m knitting. Fingers crossed I don’t mess them up.
And found joy in the small things:
- I explored the charming golf town of Southern Pines with my good friend Sarah
- Influencer marketing struck again – I found The Lemonade Shop on Etsy thanks to the ‘gram. You know I bought some of that magical unicorn yarn.
- The third installment of a beloved series took me on an unexpected trip to NYC through Louisa Clark’s eyes
February Tested, Jarvis Approved
Recommendations of things I tried out this month and loved.
- TV Show: Queer Eye – it’s the Netflix reboot you never knew you needed
- Book: White Rose, Black Forest by Eoin Dempsey
- Recipe: Bread Machine Pretzel Bites
- Drink: Fireball, mainly because every time I felt terrified on the slopes, I took a sip of Fireball. (If only every terrifying learning experience could have that option)
- Knitting Pattern: Self-Fringing Shawl by Amberlyn Frost